By United Nations
In 1996, at the foundation of the result of the Fourth international convention on girls in Beijing, the fee followed a piece programme to be able to video display the implementation of the Beijing statement and Platform for motion. Interactive specialist panels have been prepared through the fee to stimulate trade of expertise, classes discovered and strong practices on the nationwide point. the results of the honour of the subjects of the fee have been mirrored in motion orientated agreed conclusions, that are awarded during this ebook.
Read Online or Download Agreed Conclusions of the Commission on the Status of Women on the Critical Areas of Concern on the Beijing Platform for Action 1996-2005 PDF
Best feminist theory books
In Worlding girls Jan Jindy Pettman asks 'Where are the ladies in foreign relations'? She develops a wide photo of girls in colonial and post-colonial family; racialized, ethnic and nationwide id conflicts; in wars, liberation activities and peace events; and within the overseas political economic system.
Woman Infanticide in India is a theoretical and discursive intervention within the box of postcolonial feminist idea. It specializes in the devaluation of girls via an exam of the perform of girl infanticide in colonial India and the reemergence of this custom within the kind of femicide (selective killing of lady fetuses) in postcolonial India.
Spanning the wide spectrum of Colonial-era existence, Women's Roles in Eighteenth-Century the USA is a revealing exploration of how 18-century American girls of assorted races, periods, and religions have been plagued by stipulations of the times—war, slavery, spiritual awakenings, political swap, perceptions approximately gender—as good as how they stimulated the area round them.
Can anyone be Christian and Feminist while? In those prolonged essays, authors discover many of the intersections of feminism, feminist idea and perform, and Christian culture because it is lived out within the lives of Christian lecturers.
- The Sexual Politics of Time: Confession, Nostalgia, Memory
- Gender Matters in Global Politics: A Feminist Introduction to International Relations
- Free Women, Free Men: Sex, Gender, Feminism
- The Creation of Patriarchy (Women & History)
- Rethinking Contemporary Feminist Politics
- Architecture and Feminism
Additional info for Agreed Conclusions of the Commission on the Status of Women on the Critical Areas of Concern on the Beijing Platform for Action 1996-2005
Governments, the international community and internationalorganizations should ensure a participatory approach to environmental protection and conservation at all levels and, in elaborating policies and programmes, should recognize that sustainable development is a shared responsibility of men and women and should take into account both men's and women's productive and reproductive roles. 13. All Governments should implement their commitments made in Agenda 2 1 and the Beijing Platform for Action, including those in the area of finan- cial and technical assistance and the transfer of environmentally sound technologies to the developing countries, and should ensure that a gender perspective is mainstreamed into all such assistance and transfers.
13. Governments and the international community should ensure the economic empowerment, education and training of women to enable them to participate in power and decision-making. 14. Governmentsshould promote educational programmes in which the girl child will be prepared to participate in decision-making within the community as a way to promote her future decision-making capacity in all spheres of life. 15. Governments and the United Nations system should promote women's active and equal participation as governmental and non-governmental representatives, special rapporteurs and envoys in all of the initiatives and activities of the system, including as mediators for peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
8. Governments, the private sector and those organizations in civil society that provide training services that promote a gender balance in terms ofeducation and participation in economic activity, should focus on institutional capacity-building and consciousness-raising as well as on improving and upgrading technical skills, including business and management skills and the use of new technologies. Local and traditional technologies and products based on women's knowledge should also be supported and promoted.